3 Girls and a Tractor's Caramelized Squash
This is one of Shari Kopmann's (of Three Girls and a Tractor) favorite fall and winter sides.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 425 (or convection roast at 400).
- Peel, clean and cube your squash; about 1”.
- Mix cubed squash a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a couple tablespoons honey and/or brown sugar (Shari uses both). Stir until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice (Shari adds some of her pecan pieces).
- Mix again.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Cover cookie sheet in single layer of mixture.
- Cook 20 minutes, stir and continue cooking until soft and sugar has caramelized.
You can make this dish with any any pumpkin or winter squash, sweet potatoes and apples. Acorn, buttercup, Crenshaw, pie pumpkins and Jarahdale pumpkins are all great for this recipe. If you don’t want sweet just add your olive oil and favorite seasoning!