Use coupon code FR3SH at checkout to get FREE DELIVERY on your first order!
Jessica's Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms with Vermouth
This is one of Jessica's favorite ways to prepare Ozark Forest's shiitake mushrooms.
- 1/2 teaspoon EVOO
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms de-stemmed, cleaned, and sliced
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 cup sweet red vermouth
- Heat EVOO in a saucepan over medium high heat
- Add the sliced shiitake mushrooms, garlic, butter, and marjoram.
- Stir mushrooms a few times and then put a lid on the pan. Continue to stir periodically.
- When the mushrooms are tender, add vermouth. Stir mushrooms with lid off until the vermouth liquid is mostly gone.
- Once the liquid gone, turn off the burner and put a lid on the pan to keep the mushrooms warm