Use code "FR3SH" for free delivery on your first order
Jessica's Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms with Vermouth
This is one of Jessica's favorite ways to prepare Ozark Forest's shiitake mushrooms.
- 1/2 teaspoon EVOO
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms de-stemmed, cleaned, and sliced
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 cup sweet red vermouth
- Heat EVOO in a saucepan over medium high heat
- Add the sliced shiitake mushrooms, garlic, butter, and marjoram.
- Stir mushrooms a few times and then put a lid on the pan. Continue to stir periodically.
- When the mushrooms are tender, add vermouth. Stir mushrooms with lid off until the vermouth liquid is mostly gone.
- Once the liquid gone, turn off the burner and put a lid on the pan to keep the mushrooms warm